- Applications/resumes will be accepted only when a position is advertised.
- Applicants should include the job title and/or job number for which they are applying.
- Unsolicited applications and resumes will not be retained.
Submit Your Resume for Employment
By email: You are welcome to email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By fax: To submit a resume by fax, send it attention Human Resources at (253) 479-2400.
PPI TECHNICAL SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Current Career Openings
Job Title: Training Coordinator
Reports To: Operations Manager of PPITS
Location: Tukwila, WA
FLSA Status: Exempt
PPI Technical Services Background
PPI Technical Services is a company of defense and industry leaders. Our team is made up of former military technicians and leaders as well as accomplished business managers across the globe. The combined experience and success of PPI Technical Services’ managers gives our customers confidence and the trust they deserve to deliver the results they expect.
This position plays a key role in leading as the point of contact for all training activities for Precision Aerospace Products company employees, as well as contracted customer groups. This position will participate in the development, administration, coordination, implementation and monitoring of training efforts. Additionally, the Training Coordinator delivers hands-on and classroom training and support to internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include some or all of the following and are not intended to be all-inclusive. PPI reserves the right to change, add or delete responsibilities and duties as seen fit. An employee’s specific job duties, priorities, and performance expectations are detailed in his/her individual performance plan.
- Reviews and analyzes regulations, directives and mission of internal departments and external customers to ensure training objectives are identified and met.
- Develops short and long term training plans (5 years and more) for the organization.
- Recommends priorities to accomplish training objectives.
- Required to teach students Theory of Operation and Repair Processes for various Aircraft propeller systems.
- Assist with development and delivery of proposals for contracted training services.
- Works with Supervisors to develop and implement structured training programs. Program development would include designing/building training modules, with accompanying instructor and student guides.
- Ensures that training requirements for all employees are clearly defined.
- Schedules all training sessions. This includes: trainer, participants and logistics (conference room, a/v equipment, training records, handouts, tests, etc.).
- Administers regulatory training and testing to new hires and annual regulatory refresher training for all employees, in both classroom and On-the-Job settings. Evaluates the trainee for effectiveness of training and individual employee growth.
- Participates in final qualification of each new hire and department transfer to ensure all training was delivered per training plan, all documentation is complete and employee is qualified to perform assigned tasks.
- Designs and Implements systems to monitor the overall effectiveness of the training delivered to employees and customers. Works with leadership to close gaps and make continual improvements to the training process.
- Identifies weaknesses and problem areas in training plans, evaluation and training activities and schedules.
- Works with Quality Assurance Manager and staff to develop specific training to meet the needs identified through audits.
- Develops and maintains an organized electronic repository of training materials (PowerPoint presentations, handouts, etc.), tests and employee training documentation.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Follow work rules and standard safety regulations at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TYPICAL PROBLEM SOLVING
Applying common sense understanding to carry out detailed and complicated written or oral instructions. Manages problems involving many variables in sometimes difficult and stressful situations. Examples include: resolving staff conflicts, dealing with sometimes irate and impatient users, and managing many simultaneous high priority projects and user requests.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Project Management.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years practical experience and in-depth knowledge of Propeller Repairs.
- 2+ years’ experience coordinating, developing and facilitating training programs
- 54H60 C-130 and P-3 propeller systems required
- S. 14RF (Any Model) propeller experience a plus
- S. 568F Propeller Experience a plus
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Attention to detail, ability to balance multiple work assignments; organized work habits; ability to work independently; Ability to analyze situations, research problems and answers, and present solutions to internal and external customers; ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills; professional telephone manner required. High proficiency with major software programs: e.g. MS Office Suite.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- A&P Mechanic a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate as found in typical office environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. This position requires domestic and international travel 50% of the time.
PPI Technical Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.